Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Aaliyah!

Our little darling Aaliyah turns TWO today!?!?!? It has gone by way too stinking fast. I was going to do a numbered list of all the things I love about her like everyone else does with birthdays (she is only 2 so her list would be very short) but instead I am going to just make a list to 10 all about her wonderfulness :)

Aaliyah, my favorite things about you are:

1. Your face - it is the most beautiful thing in the world and when you smile, it really truly does make me want to squeeze you so tight and never let go :)


2. Your laugh - is contagious. Even when you were pulling on my hair last night cause daddy was encouraging you and I didn't think it was really that funny, I couldn't stop laughing because of YOU!

3. Your voice - is the most precious sound and it amazes me each day how many new words you learn and how well you say them. You are very smart. My favorite thing you say is right now is "I wanna hold you me." I think I like it so much cause it is the only thing you get mixed up or backwards.


4. Your sweetness- is adorable and so touching to see as a mother. You really do love you brother SO much and it makes me so happy. The other day at Kaiser when the little boy had a cut on his head you were so worried about him and you even pulled a chair up for him to sit in next to you so he could play with you. You are so nice and so young to be so concerned with other people and their feelings. You amaze me.

5. Your little body - is just about the cutest thing in the world and they way your run really makes me laugh. Your dad and I love watching you run around nakee after your bath because your little buns are so darn cute. I guess it is kind of a pride thing, us parents watching what we have created and enjoying how marvelous and beautiful we as Heavenly Father's creations truly are.


6. Your stubborn side - is from your dad (and maybe a little from me), but mostly from your dad and I love it....... :/ but only cause you are so darn cute!

7. Your silly side - I had so much fun jumping on the trampoline at Uncle Trets house the other day with you! It was so much fun just you and me being silly and laughing so hard.


8. You watching sports - is adorable. One time we were watching a tennis match and you were fixated on the screen watching the player go side to side on their side of the court and your little head was just going back and forth, back and forth. So cute! You love Hockey and went to your first Sharks game last month! You didn't like when they body checked each other into the glass in front of us but you warmed up to it and now you LOVE watching it on the big TV with daddy. Every time we see football players you always say, "Fooball" and "Jamie"or "James"or"Dylan".

9. You singing - "I am a child of Gum", "Take me out to the ball game", "Tinkle Tinkle little star" :)

10. You being potty trained! I am so proud of you for doing it way before you were two :) Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

We love you so much and are so glad you are ours and will always be our num nums. <3 <3 <3

4 comments:

megfin

Happy Birthday Aaliyah!!! I can almost tell how long I have worked at Daddy's old job by how old you are! :)

Kim and Dallas...I'm so grateful to see your postings! It keeps me updated on you all even though we're all so busy with life and we can't keep up in person!

Toni S. Cook

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! This is such a sweet post Kim, you need to save this and give it to Aaliyah when she's a teenager. I can't believe you have TWO babies! They are both darling, you and Dallas do a great job :)

Tribe M

Well we called, but never got to talk to her for her b-day! We love you Aaliyah! I love your post. It's really sweet and g=her pics are so adorable. We're so happy we will get to see you at Christmas time!

Megan and Keli'i

Happy Birthday, Aaliyah! Crazy how she's two already! But even crazier that you have two kids! She's precious and yes, that smile is definitely contagious!