Monday, August 11, 2008

Fun at the San Diego Zoo


We wanted to take Aaliyah and Zander to one the the parks while we were in San Diego visiting my parents and we were pretty sure we wanted to go to Sea World but we only had a few precious hours (because we were heading home for Gilroy that afternoon) so we decided to go to the Zoo. I think that Sea World needs a whole day devoted to all the fun and swimming sea creatures there are to see. So Saturday morning we got up and my mom made yummy abelskeivers (Danish Pancakes) with some fancy butterscotch syrup and we were off to the Zoo. On the way out the door my brother, that was supposedly working all weekend, drove up in his Carpet Cleaning truck. He actually didn't even know we were in town so it was quite a coincidence that he showed up right as we were getting in the car to leave. We talked and hugged for a few minutes and then we were off to the Zoo. My Dad (our photographer) and brother, Keldon, came along with us. My mom stayed home to sew Zander's Blessing outfit and my twin niece's smocked dresses. On our way down to the Zoo, Dallas made fun of me quite a bit for not knowing my way around every inch of San Diego...... I had to remind that I wasn't let out much as a kid.....haha :) Love you MOM! We did finally make it to the Zoo after driving all the way through Balboa Park, which was fun and Dallas has never been there either, so it kind of worked out! The Zoo is quite a work out and we were pooped after walking around carrying our children all day long. Darling Liyah on daddy's back.

Daddy and Liyah in the Jungle with the monkeys.

Me and Zander in the Jungle.

If you can't tell this picture was towards the end of our long journey at the Zoo and we did it all during Liyah's naptime.


Precious little Zander slept the whole way through the Zoo.

We saw a tiger,


a few Zebras,

a hippo and many more exciting animals but I just put my favorite photos because if I put ALL of the animals we saw, this blog would be as big and long as the Zoo itself.

Here is us resting in the shade after a long up hill climb, last one of the day.

3 comments:

The Framptons

Looks fun and hot! I would love to go to all the baseball games also.
Dallas I still have a hard time thinking you have kids!! Man how time flies! Give me a call I would love to catch up.
8015925275
Jer

Megan and Keli'i

Hello Jensen Family! Your adventures look very fun! I wish we could've seen you guys while I was in town with the kids, but Chad's getting married sometime this fall and we'll be back! Glad Zander's doing so great! Miss you guys!

Toni S. Cook

Zander is seriously Dallas' twin! What a cute baby! I miss you guys and I think you should come visit sometime soon:)